Our Service: We pay the VAT and pay or refund any applicable customs charges on your order.
So you can be sure there’ll be no unwelcome surprises. Simply place your order and enjoy!
CTEK MXS 5.0 Battery Charger
All prices include VAT and customs duty.
CTEK MXS 5.0 Battery Charger
The CTEK MXS 5.0 is a fully automatic, microprocessor-controlled battery charger with integrated, automatic temperature compensation. For charging small and normal-size 12 V standard lead-acid batteries and all maintenance-free gel and AGM batteries (VLRA), from 1.2 Ah to 110 Ah, as used in scooters, motorcycles and cars, for example. Informative LED display enables you to monitor the entire 8-step charging process.
The functions of the MXS 5.0 comprise diagnosis to establish whether the battery is in a fit state to take and hold the charge, a patented automatic desulphation step and a special reconditioning function, which restores stratified and deeply discharged batteries.
The AGM option is ideal for maximising the performance and service life of most start-stop batteries. The built-in temperature compensation operates automatically to adjust the charging voltage according to the ambient temperature, and guarantees optimal charging in extremely cold or hot weather. Patented Float/Pulse maintenance charging makes the MXS 5.0 ideal for long-term battery maintenance.
The entire process of battery testing, charging and maintenance is simple to monitor on the easy-to-read LED display. The MXS 5.0 is splashproof and dustproof (IP65), safe and easy to operate, spark-free, reverse polarity protected and short-circuit-proof.
- Charging current selectable between 0.8 A max. and 5.0 A max.
- Desulphating function for restoring the battery capacity
- Reconditioning function for deeply discharged batteries
- Charging program for cold ambient temperatures and AGM batteries
- Integrated temperature compensation - automatic charging voltage adjustment, depending on ambient temperature
- Float/Pulse maintenance charging
- Splashproof and dustproof (IP65)
- Reverse polarity protected and short-circuit-proof
- Operating voltage: 220-240 V
- Usable temperature range: -20°C to +50°C
- Dimensions: (WxHxD): approx. 16.8 x 3.8 x 6.5 cm
- CTEK MXS 5.0 Battery Charger
- Cable set with clip connectors for quick connection
- Cable set with ring terminals (M6) for permanent connection to the battery
- Multilingual operating instructions
Delivery without british power plug! If you nead an adapter, please also order item 10037394.
Manufacturer details: CTEK
Professional battery care
Flat battery? Help is on the way, care of CTEK, a leading developer of highly efficient battery chargers for motorbikes and other vehicles. By using patented technology, battery chargers from CTEK don't just fulfill the increasing charging needs of modern batteries; they condition and maintain them too. In this way, their life expectancy is raised, and the user saves money. Safety, simplicity and flexibility are the key words here, which apply to all of the products and solutions developed by CTEK.
- Suitable to starter batteries with: 12V
- Charging current (max.): 800 mA and 5.000 mA (switchable)
- Charging characteristic: IUoUp
- Number of LED status indicators: 14 LED´s
Overview of product features
- Suitable for conventional lead acid batteries
- Suitable for maintenance-free gel batteries
- Suitable for maintenance-free AGM batteries
- Suitable for pure lead batteries
- Intelligent charging technology
- Short-circuit proof
- Automatic charging current adaptation
- Automatic charging shutdown
- Reactivation of deeply discharged batteries
- Trickle charging
- Desulphation function
- Automatic battery test before charging
|CTEK MXS 5.0 - BATTERY CHARGER||10002718||
The item is in stock and will be delivered in 2-5 working days. Note: Stocks are updated online every hour on working days from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., so there is a good chance that the products are available if they appear online.
"Autobild" magazine tested three chargers in its April 2016 issue. The CTEK MXS 5.0 came out on top with 4.5 out of a possible 5 points. In addition, it was judged to be very versatile.
"Motorrad" magazine tested eight chargers in its 3-2016 issue. The CTEK MXS 5.0 was awarded a VERY GOOD rating and was thus the Best in Test. The following features were given special mention:
- Sturdy terminal clamps
- Very robust and high quality
- Can be used outdoors
In its 2/2015 issue, "Dream Machines" magazine presented a test of eight battery chargers, which was conducted by the technical inspectorate GTÜ. The CTEK MXS 5.0 gained the highest points, and was the only charger to be awarded the distinction "HIGHLY RECOMMENDED". The following features were given special mention:
- Particularly good charging and maintenance charging characteristics
- Battery can remain permanently connected
- Includes recovery function
- Also suitable for AGM batteries