Knipex Slip-Joint Pliers
Manufacturer details: Knipex
Quality - Made in Germany
More than a century of experience goes into the manufacture of quality pliers from the German tool specialist Knipex. Back in 1882, Carl Gustav Putsch established the company as a small tool-making business with a daily production of 60 pairs of hand-forged nippers and farrier's pincers. Today it is still a family-owned firm and produces a range of over 1,000 different models of pliers for the most varied of uses. These are exported to more than 100 countries. Strength, durability, ergonomic design and precision are what makes Knipex tools the first choice of professional users around the world. Even under tricky conditions these high-quality tools ensure ideal handling and perfect results.
QUALITY MADE IN GERMANY!
By purchasing this item you have chosen a premium-quality product with superior German workmanship. This internationally acknowledged mark of quality means that this product is the result of efficiently coordinated development and production processes, technological expertise, continuous quality controls.
Knipex Slip-Joint Pliers
The KNIPEX slip-joint pliers is simply brilliant. It does the job of a set of wrenches, both imperial and metric, while combining convenient press-button adjustment on the workpiece plus the functionality of a gripping tool.
The jaws grip without any play to prevent slipping off the flanks of the bolt or rounding the edges. The jaws grip extremely powerfully, enabling you to undo rusted or painted bolts which a normal wrench cannot grip properly.
- For metric and imperial nuts and bolts with 10 mm to 32 mm (3/8" to 1 1/4") width across the flats
- Self-locking as from 17 mm - no slipping on the workpiece
- Grips metric and imperial hexagonal bolt heads with no play; no rounding of bolt heads
- Securely and powerfully grips rounded, rusted or painted nuts and bolts
- Ideal for working on vehicle brake systems
- Fast tightening and release of bolted connections using ratchet action
- Press-button adjustment while on the workpiece, also possible with one hand
- Fine adjustment for an optimal fit on different sizes of workpiece, and comfortable gripping position
- Box-joint design: high strength provided by double guide
- Secure engagement of the hinge bolt: no accidental shifting
- Favourable lever action: optimum transmission of force
- Guard prevents your fingers being pinched
- Does the job of a set of wrenches; ideal for preventing nut from turning while tightening the bolt
- Chrome-vanadium electric steel, forged, oil-hardened
- Length approx. 250 mm, weight approx. 328 g