Germany has lowered VAT – this has perks for you too! All products have already been reduced in price.
Tips for Motorcycle Trips in Greece
What do you have to take into consideration when traveling to Greece? Which documents do you have to take with you? Louis provides you with answers to the most important questions. No liability is accepted for errors – Louis does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of information.
Documents you must have with you
- Driving licence and vehicle registration certificate
- ID card or passport (since 26.6.12 it has also been obligatory for children travelling within the EU to have their own identity document.)
- International Motor Insurance Card (Green Card) is recommended.
+ Recommended Products: Document Bag
First-aid kit / Hi-vis vest
It is not mandatory to carry a first-aid kit or high-visibility vest. However, we recommend you always carry both.
+ Recommended Products: Motorcycle Warning Triangle, Safety Vest, First-AID Kit, Warning Light
It is mandatory to wear a helmet! Only helmets which conform to the ECE 22 standard are approved.
+ Recommended Products: Visor and Helmet Cleaner, Proofer
Motorcycles must have their headlight on even during the daytime.
+ Recommended Products: Motorcycle Lightbulbs
- Within built-up areas: 50 km/h
- Outside built-up areas: 90 km/h
- Dual carriageways (expressways): 110 km/h
- Motorways (freeways): 130 km/h
In Greece, the use of motorways between Thessaloniki, Athens, Patras, Tripoli and Kalamata is subject to tolls. Furthermore, the underwater tunnel Preveza-Aktio and the Rio-Antirrio, as well as some national road sections are subject to tolls.
100 and 112
Legal alcohol limit
0.05% (50 mg/100 ml blood)
0.00% (0 mg/100 ml blood) for new drivers with less than 2 years driving experience, drivers of commercial vehicles, motorcyclists
Motorcycle trips across the Greece borders
Here you will find country tips for motorcycle trips in Greece neighbouring countries.
- Albania *
- Macedonia *
- Turkey *
* To provide you with even better support when you plan your next tour, we will shortly be adding still more countries.
© Armando – stock.adobe.com