Germany has lowered VAT – this has perks for you too! All products have already been reduced in price.
Tips for Motorcycle Trips in Ireland
What do you have to take into consideration when traveling to Ireland? Which documents do you have to take with you? Louis provides you with answers to the most important questions. No liability is accepted for errors – Louis does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of information.
Caution: left-hand driving! Asymmetrical low beam headlights must be adapted.
Documents you must have with you
- Driving licence and vehicle registration certificate
- ID card or passport (since 26.6.12 it has also been obligatory for children travelling within the EU to have their own identity document.)
- International Motor Insurance Card (Green Card) is recommended.
+ Recommended Products: Document Bag
First-aid kit / Hi-vis vest
It is not mandatory to carry a first-aid kit or high-visibility vest. However, we recommend you always carry both.
+ Recommended Products: Motorcycle Warning Triangle, Safety Vest, First-AID Kit, Warning Light
It is mandatory to wear a helmet! Only helmets which conform to the ECE 22 standard are approved.
+ Recommended Products: Visor and Helmet Cleaner, Proofer
- Within built-up areas: 50 km/h
- Outside built-up areas: 80 km/h
- Dual carriageways (expressways): 100 km/h
- Motorway (freeway): 120 km/h
Motorways and some national roads are subject to tolls.
112 or 999
Legal alcohol limit
0.05% (50 mg/100 ml blood)
Motorcycle trips across the Ireland borders
Here you will find country tips for motorcycle trips in Ireland neighbouring countries.
© bygimmy – stock.adobe.com