Our Service: We always pay any applicable customs charges plus the VAT on your order before shipping it to you.
So you can be sure there’ll be no unwelcome surprises. Simply place your order and enjoy!
Tips for Motorcycle Trips in Austria
What do you have to take into consideration when traveling to Austria? Which documents do you have to take with you? Louis provides you with answers to the most important questions. No liability is accepted for errors – Louis does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of information.
Important! From June 10, 2020 in the state of Tirol certain routes will be inaccessible for particularly loud motorcycles. The gauge is the stationary noise which can be found in the vehicle registration certificate in section U.1. Limit value: 95 db(A). You will find information and a list of the affected routes on the website of the federal state of Tirol.
Documents you must have with you
- Driving licence and vehicle registration certificate
- ID card or passport (since 26.6.12 it has also been obligatory for children travelling within the EU to have their own identity document.)
- International Motor Insurance Card (Green Card) is recommended.
First-aid kit / Hi-vis vest
Motorcycles must carry a first-aid kit containing suitable wound dressings and in dustproof packaging. A high-visibility vest is not mandatory for motorcycle riders…
+ Recommended Products: Motorcycle Warning Triangle, Safety Vest, First-AID Kit, Warning Light
It is mandatory to wear a helmet! Only helmets which conform to the ECE 22-05 standard are approved.
+ Recommended Products: Visor and Helmet Cleaner, Proofer
Motorcycles must have their headlight on even during the daytime.
+ Recommended Products: Motorcycle Lightbulbs
- Within built-up areas: 50 km/h
- Outside built-up areas: 100 km/h
- Dual carriageways (expressways): 100 km/h
- Motorways (freeways): 130 km/h
A vignette (toll sticker) is required for most motorways (freeways) and dual carriageways (expressways) in Austria. A toll is also payable for using various tunnels and mountain roads.
+ Recommended Products: Vignette Holder
112 and 144
Legal alcohol limit
0.05% (50 mg/100 ml blood)
Motorcycle trips across the Austria borders
Here you will find country tips for motorcycle trips in Austria neighbouring countries.
* To provide you with even better support when you plan your next tour, we will shortly be adding still more countries.
© Wolfilser – stock.adobe.com