Tips for Motorcycle Trips in Hungary
What do you have to take into consideration when traveling to Hungary? Which documents do you have to take with you? Louis provides you with answers to the most important questions. No liability is accepted for errors – Louis does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of information.
Documents you must have with you
- Driving licence and vehicle registration certificate
- ID card or passport (since 26.6.12 it has also been obligatory for children travelling within the EU to have their own identity document.)
- International Motor Insurance Card (Green Card) is recommended.
- Overseas health insurance protection with repatriation insurance.
+ Recommended Products: Document Bag »
First-aid kit / Hi-vis vest
Motorcycles must carry a first-aid kit containing suitable wound dressings and in dustproof packaging. High-visibility vests must be carried with you and worn in the event of a breakdown.
+ Recommended Products: Motorcycle Warning Triangle, Safety Vest, First-AID Kit, Warning Light »
It is mandatory to wear a helmet! Only helmets which conform to the ECE 22 standard are approved.
+ Recommended Products: Visor and Helmet Cleaner, Proofer »
All vehicles must have their headlights on even during the daytime.
+ Recommended Products: Motorcycle Lightbulbs »
- Within built-up areas: 50 km/h
- Outside built-up areas: 90 km/h
- Dual carriageways (expressways): 110 km/h
- Motorways (freeways): 130 km/h
Hungary has an e-vignette system.
107 and 112
Legal alcohol limit
© AlesiaKan – stock.adobe.com