Our Service: We pay the VAT and pay or refund any applicable customs charges on your order.
So you can be sure there’ll be no unwelcome surprises. Simply place your order and enjoy!
Tips for Motorcycle Trips in Italy
What do you have to take into consideration when traveling to Italy? Which documents do you have to take with you? Louis provides you with answers to the most important questions. No liability is accepted for errors – Louis does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of information.
Documents you must have with you
- Driving licence and vehicle registration certificate
- ID card or passport (since 26.6.12 it has also been obligatory for children travelling within the EU to have their own identity document.)
- International Motor Insurance Card (Green Card)
+ Recommended Products: Document Bag
First-aid kit / Hi-vis vest
It is not mandatory to carry a first-aid kit or high-visibility vest. However, we recommend you always carry both.
+ Recommended Products: Motorcycle Warning Triangle, Safety Vest, First-AID Kit, Warning Light
It is mandatory to wear a helmet in Italy! Only helmets which conform to the ECE 22-05 standard are approved. The test seal/label must be attached in the helmet/accessible for inspection. Any infringement can incur a hefty fine with the additional possibility of your motorbike being confiscated for up to 90 days.
+ Recommended Products: Visor and Helmet Cleaner, Proofer
Motorcycles must have their headlight on even during the daytime.
+ Recommended Products: Motorcycle Lightbulbs
- Within built-up areas: 50 km/h
- Outside built-up areas: 90 km/h
- Motorway (freeway), blue: 110 km/h (90 km/h in wet conditions and for beginners with less then 3 years' experience)
- Motorway (freeway), green: 130 km/h (110 km/h in wet conditions, 100 km/h for beginners with less then 3 years' experience)
Please note: Motorcycles below 150cc are forbidden on motorways and dual carriageways (expressways).
A toll is payable on most Italian motorways.
Legal alcohol limit
0.05% (50 mg/100 ml blood)
Motorcycle trips across the Italy borders
Here you will find country tips for motorcycle trips in Italy neighbouring countries.
© ZoomTeam – stock.adobe.com